3-Day Akagera National Park safari
During your 3-day safari, after visiting the city of Kigali, you will go to the Akagera National Park to admire in this natural habitat of various animals and birds.
D1: Enjoy the boat trip on Lake Ihema that will allow you to admire hippos, crocodiles, birds...
D2: Full game drive and night safari for spotting the Big 5 and nocturnal animals.
D3: Early Morning Game Drive which will give you the chance to maximize the spotting of unseen nocturnal animals.
At the end of your safari, you will realize that you have had a real experience rich in flora and fauna which cannot be experienced elsewhere than in this wooded savannah.
Day 1: Kigali-Akagera-Lake Ihema Boat Ride
- Today, your professional driver guide will pick you up from the airport or your hotel to take you around 9:00 a.m to Akagera National Park.
- Lunch at Akagera Transit Lodge.
- Then continue with the formalities for entrance into the park.
- Upon arrival, you will check in at Akagera Game Lodge a 4-star hotel inside the park.
- Afternoon from 15:00 - 16:00, go for a boat ride on Lake Ihema to discover hippos, crocodiles, birds, etc. Then continue with the visit of the park around lake Ihema.
- Return to the hotel around 18h00.
Dinner and night at Akagera Game Lodge (4-star hotel) or similar
Meals: Lunch and Dinner (Breakfast not included)
Drinks: Mineral water
Day 2: Full day game drive and night safari
- Early in the morning at 7:00 am your professional driver guide will take you to your hotel and go on a full game drive from the south to the north for a variety of animals discovering: big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, and buffalo), giraffes, zebras, antelopes, impalas , secret oribis and bushbous, as well as ungainly tsessebe and the largest antelope in the world, Cepeeland statuesque…)
- Lunch at Mihindi Café and Campsite inside the Park:
- Then continue your game drive and stay at Karenge Bush Camp.
- You may do a night safari there as is the best part of the park to spot night animals coming out to hunt.
Accommodation: Karenge Bush Camp Luxury Eco-Lodge or similar
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Drinks: Mineral water (alcohol drinks not included)
Day 3: Early Morning Game Drive
- Very early in the morning, go on the morning safari which will give you the chance to maximize the spotting of unseen nocturnal animals by focusing on the Kilala Plain area which is home to a wide variety of animals; enjoy the sunrise in the savannah. Then return to the camp around 8:00 am for breakfast.
- After breakfast, you may relax a bit at the Bush Camp to get ready for a short game drive,
- After Lunch at Karenge Bush Camp drive back to Kigali to be dropped at your desired location, at your hotel, or at the airport.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch (Dinner not included)
Drinks: Mineral water (alcohol drinks not included)
End of safari
Included in the price:
Transfer from Kigali airport/hotel to hotel in Akagera
2 nights’ accommodation at Akagera Game Lodge or similar
Travel by 4X4 safari jeep
Lake Ihema boat trip fees
Akagera National Park fees
Night safari at Akagera
Full-day Akagera game drive
Professional driver/guide allowances
Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches & 2 dinners
Drinks: mineral water during the visit.
Excluded in the price:
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
Drinks unless specified
Other personal expenses
Price: $1020 per person sharing, all inclusive
A single room is provided at a supplement cost of +$330 per person.
Rwandan/EAC citizens, Rwandan/EAC residents, and Africans receive a discount for Akagera entry fee.
The trip is guaranteed for 5 - 7 people. For less than 5 people or more than 7 people, the price can be adjusted to the group size.
Payment is made in Dollars or Euros at the current exchange rate from dollar to euro. A deposit of 50% of the price is paid to confirm the trip. The balance (50%) must be paid at least 30 days before the arrival of the group. When you make a deposit you accept our terms and conditions.
As a rule, payment is made by bank transfer and the cost of the bank transfer is at your charge. Direct Payment Online (DPO) is possible at an additional cost of 3.5% of the sent amount. Payment by credit card at our office is also possible at an additional cost of 3% of the paid amount.
To send you our bank details, please let us know in which currency and method of payment you wish to pay.
On this shared tour, you will join a group of other travelers. This tour starts and ends in Kigali. The client can be picked up and dropped off at the airport or hotel in Kigali city. Please inform about the same at the time of booking. Before or after the trip, accommodation, and airport transfer on arrival or departure can be arranged at an additional cost. The exact order, content, and rate of this tour are subject to availability. The hotel is named as an indication of category and rooms may be reserved at similar standard hotels if the situation is beyond our control. Travel insurance is mandatory and obtaining it for the days you are visiting is your responsibility. Please email us your proof of insurance before arriving for the trip. Your camera is a must. Your experience creates memories. Capturing them to keep forever and share with others. Also, bring your insect repellent, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and binoculars,... When you make a deposit you accept our terms and conditions. The company reserves the right to alter arrangements or cancel the operation of this scheduled tour should conditions necessitate. This tour is subject to the terms and conditions of Attractive Safaris Ltd. Please, read also on the footer for important to know content. If you have any questions about any of our policies please do not hesitate to contact us.
Attractive Safaris welcomes you to discover Remarkable Rwanda, Land of a Thousand Hills and the East African Region.