3-Day safari in Akagera National Park staying at Ruzizi Tented Luxury Eco-Lodge and Karenge Luxury Bush Camp
Akagera National Park is a home to diverse wildlife. During your 3 day safari, you will enjoy in this natural habitat of different animals and birds:
The first day, you will have a night safari to discover of different nocturnal animals.
The second day, you will have a full game drive to observe among others: the Big 5 (herds of elephants and buffaloes, lions and rhinos recently introduced to the park and luckily the leopard), giraffes, zebras, antelopes, impalas, oribas and secret bushboos, as well as unsightly tsessebe and the largest antelope in the world, sculptural Cepeeland, etc
The third day, enjoy the boat trip on Lake Ihema that will allow you to admire hippos, crocodiles, birds…
At the end of your safari, you will realize that you have had a real experience rich in flora and fauna which cannot be experienced elsewhere than in this in this wooded savannah.
Day 1: Kigali-Akagera, Lake Ihema sun set boat trip
- Today, your professional driver guide will pick you up from the airport or your hotel to take you around 9:30 am to Akagera National Park.
- Upon arrival, you will check in and lunch at Ruzizi Tented Lodge. In the afternoon, relax at the hotel. Then go to the boat trip on Lake Ihema (15:00-16:00) to experience the aquatic fauna (Hippopotamus, crocodile, birds ...).
- Accommodation: Ruzizi Tented Lodge (Luxury Eco-Lodge).
- Meals: (Lunch and Dinner).
- Drinks: water, tea & coffee
Day 2: Full day game drive and night safari
- Early in the morning at 7:00 am our professional driver guide will take you to your hotel and go to a full game drive from the south to the north for variety animals discovering: big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo), giraffes, zebras, antelopes, impalas , secret oribas and bushbous, as well as ungainly tsessebe and the largest antelope in the world, Cepeeland statuesque…)
- Lunch at Mihindi Café and picnic area inside the Park:
- Then continue you game drive and stay at Karenge Bush Camp.
- You may do night safari there as is the best part of the park to spot night animals coming out to hunt.
- Accommodation: Karenge Bush Camp Luxury Eco-Lode
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Drinks: water, tea & coffee.
Day 3: Early Morning Game Drive
- Very early in the morning, go on the morning safari which will give you the chance to maximize the spotting of unseen nocturnal animals by focusing on the Kilala Plain area which is home to a wide variety of animals ; enjoy the sunrise in the savannah. Then return to the camp around 8:00 am for breakfast.
- After breakfast, you may relax a bit at the Bush Camp to get ready for short game drive,
- After Lunch at Karenge Bush Camp drive back to Kigali to be dropped at your desired location, at your hotel or at the airport.
- Meals: (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Drinks: water, tea & coffee
End of safari
Included in the price:
- Transport: safari jeep 4X4 with air condition, inerter, first aid kit and fridge inside
- Accommodation: 2 nights as specified day by day
- Professional driver/guide allowances
- Akagera entry fees
- Lake Ihema boat trip fees
- Night safari
- Meal: full board as specified day per day
- Mineral water during the visit.
Excluded in the price:
- Flight tickets
- Visa fee
- Drinks unless as specified
- Tips (around US $ 10 / pers. / per day)
- Other personal expenses
Price per person sharing standard tented room (in USD):
1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023
Single tented room supplement: $180
Tree-top tent: Get Quote
This tour is suitable for children of 6 years and older. Children between 6-12 years, Rwandan/EAC citizens, Rwandan/EAC residents, Africans are discounted. Children 13+ pay as adult. Children must be accompanied by an adult to enjoy this tour.
Payment is made in Dollars or Euros at the current exchange rate from dollar to euro. A deposit of 50% of the price is paid to confirm the trip. The balance (50%) must be paid at least 30 days before the arrival of the group. When you make a deposit you accept our terms and conditions.
As a rule, payment is made by bank transfer, the cost of the bank transfer at your charge.
Direct Payment Online (DPO) is also possible at an additional cost of 3.5% of the sent amount.
Payment by credit card at our office in Kigali is also possible at an additional cost of 3% of the paid amount. To send you bank details, please let us know in which currency and method of payment you wish to pay.
All inclusive Price
This Trip is Fully Customizible
Attractive Safaris welcomes you to discover Remarkable Rwanda, Land of a Thousand Hills and the East African Region.